Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Intended Recipient

We had our annual used curriculum sale last night.  At last year’s sale, my profits were equal to the amount I spent, a feat I was sure I would never duplicate.  Last night, I spent 50 cents less than my sales.  A trend maybe?  We shall see.  The most important thing was we shed another 25 lbs. and several families benefitted from those things that were unneeded by us.

cmcompanionSave for  one piece of curriculum, my purchases last night were mainly for entertainment.  I found this  book for $1.  I had planned to check it out at the library.  But considering my propensity to either a) not read the book in the allotted 6 weeks, or b) incur substantial library fines because I have no system in place for keeping up with details such as due dates, one dollar was a good bargain.

 

I found a Syd Hoff book, a couple of other picture books and a brand-spankin’-new Usborne dot-to-dot—Samuel’s latest obsession (one which I’ll readily endorse.  It’s amazing how long this spirited kid can sit and do dot-to-dot puzzles.)  But my most amusing purchase was a boxed K’Nex set.  Amusing?  Yep, amusing.  For all the ruse that I was buying this because I’m the mother of boys, I knew who would enjoy it the most.

It starts out as a “let’s do this together” project.

P 055 Then they  start doing their own thing…P 062

 

 

 

 

 

And bit…

P 063 by bit…P 064

 

 

 

 

 

it becomes clear who the real “Mr. K’Nex” is at our house.

P 065

No comments: