Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fuddy-duddies

I’m trying really hard to come up with something interesting to share with you tonight.  I can’t think of one thing.  Life has taken a drastic slow-down these last couple of days, which I am extremely grateful for. 

As I mentioned earlier, Ellie and Samuel are at Jason’s parents for the week.  And it’s QUIET here.  Abby and Noah are our laid back ones, and they’re soaking in the quietness as much as I am.  Abby’s read several books.  I’ve been crocheting.  Abby and I have been working on a couple of 4-H projects.  Noah has spent hours laying on the floor—playing with cars, talking to himself, and just generally relishing the fact he’s not being pestered. 

We did go shopping on Monday—one of the most pleasant shopping trips I’ve taken with kids in tow.  We have plans to venture out again tomorrow. 
We’re going to every store that Samuel complains about being in. 
No one’s going to hang on the cart. 
No one’s going to ask to use the bathroom in every store. 
No one’s going to continually ask when we’re going home. 
No one’s going to push my cart half-way down the aisle every time I turn around. 
It’s going to be nice.

But I’ll tell you what—it’s getting a little too boring around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love your blog, so glad i remember to read it once and awhile, you do a wonderful job on it! Thanks for the recipe, i will let you know how it goes when i use it! Hope to talk to you again soon! Laura :)