Saturday, May 15, 2010

Weight Loss Update

So a while ago I told you about our goal to literally get rid of a ton of stuff before we move again.  I’ve been keeping a tally over on the sidebar.  We’re over 500 lbs. now—a quarter of the way there!  Those numbers should take a pretty significant jump over the next month to six weeks, so keep watching. 

When we first set that goal, it didn’t sound that hard to do.  We started out with some pretty big numbers, mainly because we were getting rid of some larger items.  Then, when the numbers began only creeping up, we got a little nervous.  A ton is a lot!!  How could we possibly get rid of that much?

Right now we’re starting to feel more confident.  Is it because we found more junk we could live without?  Not exactly.  What we’re finding is a growing desire to downsize and get rid of good stuff that we just don’t really need.  I’ve heard people talk about that feeling of freedom they gain as they let go of extra things.  Now I’m starting to understand that.  It is a good feeling.  And with each pound we downsize, I find myself looking even harder to find more, and better yet, being more and more willing to part with things.

I’m excited to see where this journey takes us. 

No comments: