Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I had a nice day today. Abby didn't feel well when she got up this morning so she, Noah and I stayed home from church. I don't like fighting the crowds on Mother's Day to eat out, so Jason brought Jimmy John's home for lunch. The #12 is the best! I received some nice cards, a carnation, a daisy plant that we'll plant as soon as it warms up a little, a new Willow Tree figurine, and a gift card to our local camera store. We went for a drive this afternoon then watched the cowboys almost win the Amazing Race. It was a very nice day.

I spent a lot of time today thinking about these ladies. Each one of them are part of who I am today. I miss each of them so much. Mother's Day is an odd day for me. I have the privilege of being celebrated, but don't get to pass the celebration on. I can't send my love through a card. I can't call them up, hear their voices, and tell them they are loved and appreciated. Or tell them how extremely grateful I am for the heritage they have given me and, in turn, my children. I love knowing that they are rejoicing together at the feet of Jesus. One day I will see them again. I look forward to that sweet reunion.

No comments: