Friday, May 21, 2010

Please excuse my absence

I’ve been busy:

  • attending a piano recital.  They did a great job.  Ellie forgot the first note of her second song.  She sat there for a long time, glanced at me a couple of times as if to say, “Rescue me.”  Then launched right into it.  I was so afraid we were going to have a crisis on our hands.  I was so proud of her for sticking with it—she’s becoming so much more confident of herself.

P 074 P 076

P 079

  • doing a little happy dance.  We only have one week left of school—and a short one at that.  The closer we get, the harder it is to make that trek to the basement each morning.  We’ve had the discussion about what it means to persevere, and we’re determined to finish this out.
  • bowling.  Yep, we’ve gone every week now.  Samuel bowled a spare this morning without touching the bumpers.  And my ball touches the bumpers less each week. :-) The kids got to purchase a $10 shoe pass for unlimited rentals all summer, but I have to pay the shoe rental each week.  I did the math tonight and realized it would be cheaper to buy a pair of shoes.  I never thought I’d own bowling shoes.
  • cleaning out a storage unit.  Yep, we’re finally tackling that job.  We’re getting ready for a garage sale in a couple of weeks, and I’m finding a bunch of stuff merchandise.  The best part of this garage sale is the local second hand store offers to pick up all the unsold items, which means once I have everything out of my house, it doesn’t ever have to come back again.  Be watching for those numbers to go up!

It’s been a busy week. 

No comments: