Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bath Time

I am very thankful for God's provision of this house in our interm situation. It has worked out beautifully and we're getting spoiled with all the space. We've been given the opportunity to buy it. But, since we are ultimately looking for an acreage, we've declined.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about buying it if the situation was any different. It's a little unusual to have a trial run at a house before making that decision. Each time we've bought a house, no matter how hard we try to scope it out first, we've always later found issues with the place, ranging from little quirks to serious flaws. (Thankfully none that required expensive repairs, though.)

This house is full of issues. Not the least of which is this.



Through some odd topography (most of which I'm assuming is man-made) the lots all around us drain into our backyard. Even the slightest rain leaves us with this puddle. It's an issue that's been addressed, somewhat. Underneath that puddle is a french drain--yes an actual drain right in the grass--that allows the water to drain deep into the ground, presumably to speed the absorption process. I suppose it does help some. But with any significant rainfall, our yard becomes a veritable swamp for at least a day or two.

There is one advantage. On swampy days like today, we welcome visitors. It becomes a bath time party!!



This guy was enjoying his bath.



I guess some birds are too uppity to use the muddy water, preferring instead to use the newly-filled birdbath.



But it appears not all robins are snooty.



Don't you always feel better after a bath?

No comments: