The last few days have been full of interesting transportation encounters. I told you about our day at the threshing show. I don’t know if I’ve told you about Noah’s obsession with tractors. He loves them! As we drive down the road, he is always on the lookout for them, and get’s very excited when he finds one. He was in his element on Saturday.
Ellie is our little speed demon. When she was about 4 she wanted nothing more than to have a ride in a Mustang. She was grinning from ear to ear the evening my brother granted her wish. She asked us earlier this summer if she could have a ride in a boat sometime. She didn’t elaborate, but I’m pretty sure she wasn’t talking about a pontoon boat.
She went to camp this weekend and had a lot of fun. But I think secretly her favorite thing about the weekend was the fact she got to ride out to camp in Grandpa’s car. With the top down. Dad said she didn’t say much, but the way she’s talked about it since shows just how big it was for her. At one point during the trip, a crop-duster flew right over the top of them. How cool is that?!?!
On Sunday, it was my turn to make the trip. And it was just as eventful, though not nearly as thrilling. We made it out fine. On the way back, we got stopped by an accident. After a half hour delay, we were still looking good to get back home early enough. I wanted to get the kids in bed on time before we started a week of VBS.
Then I blew a tire. A two-month-old tire. Thankfully, we had pulled off at Kearney to get gas and snacks and it blew as we were pulling into a parking lot. My uncle (and aunt and cousin from South Carolina and his family) came to help me put the spare on. We killed an hour doing that. I then took back highways the rest of the way home at 50 mph. The normally-two hour trip took us 3 1/2 hours last night. It was 10:15 when we pulled in. So much for early bed times.
We did make it to church this morning and had a successful morning—meaning everyone made it to the right place and we all ended up in the same van on the way out. We made it about 2 miles down the road when it became apparent I wasn’t going to drive the van all the way home. I coasted into a gas station parking lot. I called Jason who lined up a tow truck. Then my dad drove the crippled car in to pick us up.
Our new tire should be here on Wednesday. The new alternator should be here tomorrow. In the meantime, Jason won’t let me drive his pick-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment