Some would say I never had it. I don’t know what happened. Yes, we’re busy, but that’s nothing out of the ordinary. So I’m back at it. I’ll try again. And in no certain order, here’s what we’ve been up to.
We have embarked on what has to be the most unprepared-for year of school to date. We are now a school of 3 students—a challenge I was ready to take on. I had all our books and supplies purchased much earlier than usual. But as for a schedule, we walked in blind. We are now 9 weeks into it and I think we’ve finally found our groove. I’ve learned that as long as Samuel is busy, he’s an easy student—much easier than I anticipated. Abby and Ellie have each reached a new level of independence. And Noah is so good at playing and entertaining himself during our school time.
Ellie turned 9 in August. I’m not sure how that is possible. She continues to love gymnastics and has just recently set a new PR for the mile at 7:51. She is currently obsessed with all things puppy. She longs for some living thing to love on—and I guess our cats don’t count. She reads the classifieds every day, cutting out many of the pictures to post in her “Puppy Book”. She’s trying to work her magic on her dad—he has yet to come around to it. Oh, and that bag I led her to sew inside out? Purple ribbon. Alleviated some of my guilt.
And we’ve redoubled our efforts to lose that ton. Did you notice the numbers? Less than 500 lbs. to go. And it’s looking like that last quarter will have to come in the next 6 weeks. Yep, we’re under contract on a house. I’ll share the story if/when everything goes through. It has everything we were looking for, a great school room, and close to 13 acres. And the kids’ favorite part? It comes with a half dozen barn cats. They’ve named them all and have plans to tame them within a week.
Thank you all (however many “all” may be) for hanging in there and being patient with me. I’ll try not to go as long next time.
4 comments:
I'm part of the 'all'. Keep it up!
I saw the pictures on the listing, I'm patiently awaiting pictures of the new place that you take. Congrats on the house! I've had the hankerin' to write lately - I may just have to dig up obe of my old blogs and start posting again...
Just FWI - I decided to start posting again, and I'm setting up a blogger page for Britney to share some of her pictures on...
I have missed your blog Cathy-friend! But I miss you guys even more! When you are settled (or maybe a little bit before that), we will all get together. Just let us know. Also, you have THE cutest kids in the world.
Post a Comment