We've entered what I refer to as The Treadmill Days of Winter. I'm not a runner, but I live with one. I know that if there's one thing he dreads about winter running, it's those days when the streets are awful and he's forced to run on the treadmill. The treadmill is boring. No matter how far or how fast he runs, he's still staring at the same boring room. He's going through the motions, but it's not much fun.
That's how I begin to feel this time of year. Nothing exciting is happening. We don't get to spend much time outside. We're just going through the motions of our normal routine--school, laundry, meals, etc. It's so boring, I don't even have any pictures.
I'm tempted to complain--I usually do. But right now I know of several people whose life is far from boring right now. One friend just got out of the hospital for the umpteenth time with her son. Another unexpectedly just lost his mom. I know another family whose little girl has spent 8 months in the NICU. My life may be boring right now, but now I see that as a blessing.
I still can't wait for spring....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As a matter of fact our family was just saying how bored we were tonight. It's too dark and cold to be out in the evenings and we are still learning to survive without the TV--I'm so sorry to say that we missed it terribly tonight! So Michael and I take turns with our face in front of the computer--if it's not one screen it's another. We are also VERY ready for spring, but as you said, it is nice to know that boring is sometimes a good thing!
See, you both need a laptop. Then you can sit not 10 feet from each other completely engrossed in your respective web sites. Occasionally you glance up over the top of your screen to see what the other is doing, or share something interesting you read. After a couple hours, you both shut your laptops down and head to bed. At least, that's what I've heard can happen....:-)
Post a Comment