Samuel (looking at his Bible storybook): Mommy, Jesus died on the cross.
Me: Yes, He did, for you and for me.
And He had nails in his hands and feet.
Yes.
When will He get the nails out?
He already did.
And He’s all better?
Yes, God made him better and now Jesus lives in Heaven with God.
Jesus lives in Heaven?
Yes.
With God?
Yes.
Hmmm. Great-grandma lives in Heaven. Is she with Jesus?
Yes, she is.
And the other great-grandma, too?
Yes.
Who else?
Your grandma lives in Heaven with Jesus.
The one that lives far, far away?
My mom. The one you haven’t met.
And Great-grandpa?
Yes, the one you’re named after.
[Grin] And they’re all together in Heaven?
Yes.
I want to see them.
If you ask Jesus into your heart, you’ll get to go to Heaven someday.
But I want to be with you.
I’ll be in Heaven someday.
Will I get to be there with you?
If you ask Jesus into your heart, you’ll get to be in Heaven with me.
And all the great-grandmas and grandmas and great-grandpas?
Yes.
Will Noah be there, too?
Some day.
And we’ll all see each other?
Yes.
Mommy?
Yes?
Is it almost lunch time?
Thursday, December 11, 2008
A Conversation with Samuel
Samuel seems to be dominating the blog these days. What can I say? He's just an entertaining guy! Here's a conversation we had a few days ago. I love how matter-of-fact kids can be and how easily they move from one topic to the next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's good! But you should really type "Gandma/Gampa" in your quotes for Samuel just so we can get the full affect!!
That's awesome!
Post a Comment