If I post twice in one week, does it make up for not posting for two weeks? Things have been crazy here since we got back from Branson. There's always the laundry to catch up on. Fall activities (gymnastics, choir, Wednesday night clubs) started up. And we (finally) started school.
If that wasn't enough, sickness hit. OK, so it really only hit two people. Jason had a sore throat for a couple of days. For me, what started out as a sore throat turned into a full-blown cold. My sinuses felt like they would explode. To be honest, it wasn't any worse than other colds I've suffered through, but this time I truly had to suffer. I couldn't take my beloved Sudafed without effects on a certain little boy. (Let's just say, Sudafed is notorious for drying up more than just sinuses.) I'm doing much better now.
Samuel will often tell us in the mornings that he is sick. He has one motivation--sick juice. He has developed a liking for Pedialyte. Occasionally I'll humor him, but his request is usually denied. But when he woke up on Friday morning saying he was sick, I knew it was a possibility. The conversation went something like this:
Me: You're sick? What's wrong?
Samuel: There's a frog in my heart.
Me (thinking he's just a little off on his anatomical terms and might really have a sore throat): Where's your heart?
Samuel (pointing to his heart): Here.
Me: There's a frog in your heart?
Samuel: Yeah. I need sick juice.
He didn't get any.
Later, Grandma Carolyn asked him what the frog was doing in his heart. "Jumping around." Do I worry that he might have heart palpitations?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's Funny! He's such a character
Post a Comment