Saturday, February 20, 2010

Accomplishment

I've decided one of the things that makes the homeschooling lifestyle so appealing to me is the sense of accomplishment.  So many of the other things I do are unending jobs.  I wash a kitchen full of dishes and half an hour later, there's more on the counter.  I spend 60 minutes making a meal that's completely consumed in 20.  And don't even get me started on laundry.

But with school, we start the day with a set amount to do, usually finish that, and move on the next day.  What we learn on day one leads into day two, leads into day three and so forth.  Granted, there are days that don't turn out the way we'd like, but we eventually get back on course.  And 34 or so weeks later, we fill out the last pages of workbooks, fill the binders with finished work, look through the timeline one last time, and pack up for some summer fun.  Accomplishment.  It's a great feeling.

I also finished our taxes today.  I love ending the day knowing I accomplished something.

No comments: