Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Confession (and I've Discovered Picasa Collages)

Ok, I have a confession to make. I'm a good starter, but a chronic non-finisher. I love the process of learning about something new--discovering it, researching it, learning every in and out of it. From that point, I occasionally jump in. Very rarely, to I continue or finish. I don't like that about myself--it's something I try very hard to improve.

As you can see, this blog has fallen prey to my habits. In the midst of the craziness of trying to get our house ready to sell, the blog fell to the wayside. And when I was able to get back to blogging, I'd gotten out of the habit.

I'm going to attempt now to get back into the habit. Not because I think your life is incomplete without knowing how our lives are going. It's because I'm determined to not quit yet one more thing. So here's my renewed attempt--a short update of the last few weeks in pictures.

Ellie Turns Eight

Eight years! Where does the time go? We celebrated with a Culver's cake (yummy) and dinner at Applebee's (even more yummy).

State Fair

Jason's parents, sister and her family joined us for a trip to the State Fair. It was beautiful weather--a great day to be at the fair. There were a lot of people there that day. A lot of it, I believe, was the fact that this is the last year the State Fair will be held here. There has been a lot of controversy surrounding this move, and a lot of people must have been there for nostalgic reasons. I have to confess to feeling a little sad at seeing, for the last time, the polish dog stand we would eat at when we came as kids. Change is always hard, isn't it?

Let's Go Racing!

Zachry, the company Jason works for, sponsors a truck in the Nascar Truck Series. They were headed for a race in Newton, IA and made a stop at the office in Omaha. Yet again, we were reminded of the perks of homeschooling when we were able to head up there on a Tuesday afternoon for a hot dog lunch, a photo op with the truck and autographs from the driver, David Starr. I think Jason got the most enjoyment out of the truck, but the kids always love a reason to skip school, and I enjoyed a little break in the routine. (Don't worry, we made up the work.)

Lastly, I'm sure you've noticed my obsession with Picasa collages. They're really fun to make. And I find it a lot easier to upload three pictures than...um...lots of pictures.

2 comments:

The Lindseys said...

Love the new update-I may borrow the picaso collage idea (I'm definitely guitly of uploading too many pics at once-sometimes it's so hard to choose)! I didn't know you homeschooled. Have you been from the beginning? I may give your email address to my friend (if you don't mind of course) who is planning to do it with their 2 girls-currently 22 months and due in July (but she's a super planner ahead kind of person).

Cathy said...

Wow, that is some planning ahead! That would be fine--I love talking about home schooling. See you this weekend.